04 August 2011

Return...

I have been away on vacation.  Yes!  It was wonderful.  We hit some Oregon highlights, with a trip down the Rogue River, two nights on the Oregon Coast outside of Port Orford, and then a weekend at a house on the North-Central Coast with some good friends.  Lots of water and wind.




Now, I am back and looking forward to a late summer and fall filled with beauty and life.  I loved and lived heartily on my vacation and am glad to have returned refreshed and ready for what comes next.





My break was a perfect combination of sun, the outdoors, family, friends, and good food.  We decided that this year, instead of having multiple 3-day weekends, we would take a solid week off and pack it all in there.  I think it worked. 




Vacation is so important.  I don't think it can be said enough.  We need breaks, time to engage with ourselves, our partners, and our planet in different ways.   Time to think and process and rediscover.  To to feel the sand between our toes, get dirty, get scraped up.  Time to wonder at the beauty and mystery of it all.  And then, time to come home...


Hope you have time for yourself this summer, too.

4 comments:

  1. So lovely! I've been thinking about vacations a lot lately, wondering how delusional I am for thinking that I'm so happy with the way my days and weeks go that it seems absurd to want a break from them. But you're right, variety in our interactions with the world is a good idea. Sigh. Now I guess I have to figure out a vacation, even if just for a few days. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a plan. It's amazing how much time changes when you change your environment, and how nice that can be when you are on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oregon is a beautiful place. I never want to leave when I'm there. Good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always return from vacation with so much clarity and renewed sense of purpose. Your words have truly resonated with me. Thank you for sharing, as always!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!